Friday, August 23, 2013

And that was the beginning.

I have been a Do-It-Yourself junkie ever since I remember.I didn't know it was called DIY but I used to do it all the same.
I guess I started being successful at it around the time I was ten, making clothes,accessories,furniture,clothes and a few utensils for my barbie house.I didn't (and I still don't ) really have any idea about woodwork, so for the furniture I had to take help from my Papa and my Amma had to teach me the basics of sewing.
I tried to lure in my sister as much as possible,so sometimes we did things together.She wanted to get it done faster ,so she developed faster tricks to get things done.Sometimes they worked, sometimes they broke down so fast that we just couldn't be bothered to do it again.
Remember, there was no real internet at that time in India.The slow,annoying connection we had was very expensive and used only for checking mails, but then again what 10 year old gets mails?
What i did not realize at that time was that it gave me a pretty solid base for making things by myself.I continued to teach myself as I grew up.
Then of course, school got over and I went off to college.It was fun but I more or less stopped making things for myself.Then of course came my job.I literally stopped doing anything fun.

Its all a long time now and maybe because I am back home,or maybe because I now have money to get supplies,or maybe because we have cost effective internet, I am going to get back to the real stuff I love.
Making things.
I am going to try out something doable everyday.Because learning what we love makes us happy.

So that's what this blog is going to be.
This is going to be demonstration of where your dreams can take you.Where my dreams is going to take me.I still don't know my destination, but i have started on my  lifelong journey.





1 comment:

  1. that sounds very positive and looks like there s going to be some happenings here

    ReplyDelete